Junior Player Registration Page (Expression of Interest – Summer 2021-22)
Junior Season Update
The 2021/22 summer season is fast approaching and registrations will be opening shortly.
Comets are looking forward to another fun-filled season and eagerly anticipating the time when we can all gather together.
The club is anticipating that the season will be going ahead and the association has stated that as long as restrictions are lifted, the season is planned to start the 2nd week of September. Any changes to this are speculative at the moment but will be announced as soon as known.
We are confident that we will be able to get out on the diamond this summer and have a meaningful competition, remembering that last year, the season had a delayed start, but still went ahead with a full schedule.
With all of this in mind, we are considerate to the fact that many people may be uncertain that we will start the season and that there may be a level of reluctance to register their child and pay fees in the current climate. What the club executive is seeking is a verbal (email) commitment from parents that their child would like to play and be allocated into a team for the upcoming season. This way, we will be well in advance in organising teams when we have further information on a way forward.
If you have any questions regarding registrations and consequences if the season is in doubt, please feel free to contact the Junior Secretary for any answers we can provide. Otherwise, Comets are happy to receive a commitment via email to the Registrar or completing the Expression of Interest Form stating the Players full name, date of birth and what experience the player has/what team they were in last season. This way, we can look at allocating teams, preparing equipment and organising coaches and managers. We are not looking for official registration until we receive information that the season will commence.
The club Executive has indicated that Baseball NSW fees have increased this season, but we are looking, as a club, to absorb this increase for the assistance of our members.
We plan to hold trials for age groups in the second half of August, but this may not be possible. We will announce this once more is known about our ability to do so. We may have the circumstance as we had last year, where we had to grade players according to age and ability. If this is the situation again, we will be calling for previous coaches to come together and assist with the grading process. While we endeavour as hard as we can to keep friends and teams together, this is sometimes just not possible all of the time. But we will try our hardest to make sure it is a harmonious year.
Thank you to those that have reached out and indicated already that they are interested in registering. If you could complete the Expression of Interest Form as indicated above it would be much appreciated.
We value the sense of community that our club has and we are looking forward to seeing you all up at the club and out on the diamond.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Junior Secretary.